You can view all your recommended and saved audiences from the "Audiences" tab on your ClearBrain Dashboard.
At the top of the dashboard, you will find a list of "Recommended Audiences". These are audiences that ClearBrain's AI has computed, identifying ideal sets of users to analyze based on those with specific propensities to convert in the future. For every Goal you have configured, you will find a minimum of two recommended audiences:
- High Efficiency: These are the users that ClearBrain's AI has determined have the highest likelihood to convert towards your specified goal, without any intervention or treatment. They are roughly based on the top 95% - 100% of your users by future propensity to convert.
- High Incrementality: These are the users that ClearBrain's AI has determined have the highest likelihood to be influenced to convert, assuming an intervention or treatment. They comprise roughly the top 80% - 95% of your users by propensity to convert.
Below your Recommendations is a table of all your saved Audiences. Once you build and save an Audience, it will appear in this list displaying the name of the Audience, the conversion goal associated with the audience, and the date it was last modified.
From your Saved Audience List, you have a couple options available:
- View: Clicking the "View" button on an Audience will load it in the Insights section of ClearBrain, and load a report analyzing what causes this audience to convert
- Archive: If you click the gear icon, you will be presented the option to archive an audience - pausing this audience from refreshing and removing it from your saved list (you can always un-archive an audience again)
- Delete: If you click the gear icon, you will be presented the option to delete an audience - permanently removing this audience. Once deleted, an audience can not be refreshed.